Do you need legal help after the 2020 bushfires? 

You can get FREE information about your legal issues and options for ongoing assistance.

Victoria – go to the Disaster Legal Help Victoria website or call 1800 113 432 to talk to someone about how to access free legal assistance. The Get Help section contains legal information about the most common issues people face when affected by a disaster. Topics include fencing, property, destroyed Wills and documents, and dealing with insurance and mortgage problems. Disaster Legal Help Victoria partners include the Law Institute of Victoria, the Federation of Community Legal Centres, the Victorian Bar and Justice Connect, and Victoria Legal Aid who are coordinating the legal response in Victoria to the bushfire crisis.

NSW – go to the Legal Aid NSW website for information and factsheets. Please call the LawAccess NSW Disaster Response Hotline 1800 801 529 for information, or contact the Insurance Law Service.